Celestial Dragon Duel Academy
This is Celestial Dragon Duel Academy. Join us and you will never regret it.
This is Celestial Dragon Duel Academy. Join us and you will never regret it.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is Celestial Duel Academy.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Staff Member of the Month
Hero
Clock
Top posters
Hero
Herald/Djinn Lockdown Vote_lcap2Herald/Djinn Lockdown Voting_bar2Herald/Djinn Lockdown Vote_rcap2 
(Emperor)Muh1
Herald/Djinn Lockdown Vote_lcap2Herald/Djinn Lockdown Voting_bar2Herald/Djinn Lockdown Vote_rcap2 
Goosey
Aang
Sasukat
dark sage96
Lelou1524
Luke
C.C.
King

Herald/Djinn Lockdown

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fluff Fluff

Fluff Fluff

Herald/Djinn Lockdown Empty
PostSubject: Herald/Djinn Lockdown   Herald/Djinn Lockdown EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:13 am

So as you can probably tell from my picture, Herald of Perfection is one of my favorite monsters. I use a deck revolving around him that I consider more of a fun/personal deck that does pretty well for itself assuming I don't get a starting hand full of random normal fairy type monsters ;-; I wanted to try out an idea I had on combining Herald of Perfection with Djinn Releaser of Rituals. If I use said Djinn for the ritual summoning of Herald, as long as I can keep hard on the field (not hard), my opponent can no longer special summon. I think the Djinn gets a lot less credit than it really deserves. Voiding my opponents ability to special summon can shut down a good majority of decks. Normally Herald decks focus around getting out Archlord Kristya to lock down your opponents special summoning with 2800 to back that effect up. It's late at night for me and I just threw this together quick based on my own experience with my Herald deck. This is what I've got so far: https://i.imgur.com/PfXTFnb.png

1 Honest
2 Archlord Kristya
3 Herald of Perfection
1 Gyakutenno Megami
2 Tour Guide From the Underworld
1 Senju of the Thousand Hands
3 Djinn Releaser of Rituals
3 Ray & Temperature
3 Bio-Mage
3 Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands

1 Dark Hole
1 Advanced Ritual Art
3 Dawn of the Herald
3 MST
3 Preparation of Rites
3 Upstart Goblin
1 Dark Factory of Mass Production

2 Beckoning Light
1 Royal Decree

Side deck: Possible "good" ideas like BLS or Chaos Sorcerer
Extra deck: Probably never going to be used but its there. All I honestly need is Leviathan Dragon or Ghostrick Alucard if anything.

So the way I look at it is that I need to get a Djinn either on my field, in my hand, or to my grave asap so it can be used in the ritual summoning for Herald. To do this I added Tour Guide From the Underworld to search him out. With that right there I can activate Dawn of the Herald and use both Tour Guide and the Djinn and summon Herald, Plus using Dawn's 2nd eff, I can remove it from play and bring the tour guide back to my hand. This will allow me to replay Tour Guide next turn and thin my deck of the remaining Djinns/Tour Guide and use it in an Xyz Summon that could aid me. Even if I don't get Tour Guide I still pack a good amount of level 3s to be compatible with Dawn of the Herald's ritual requirements (Need to tribute monsters who's levels equal EXACTLY 6, not like every other ritual card in the game that allows you to offer slightly over the level required if need be). Combining Herald with Djinn's effect could lock most decks nowadays down right from the start.

As far as getting fairies to my hand to be used as food for Herald I added the ever popular Dark Factory of Mass Production. In my other deck I personally run 3 due to my amount of normal monsters being significantly higher but considering I only have 9 I feel that 1-2 should be good. If I had more normal monsters or if Konami wasn't a Flying carpet and didn't ban pot of avarice I would use backup soldier but it's certainly not the right conditions for this deck with the amount of effect monsters present. If I draw into more Djinns/Tour Guide/ritual spells I threw in 2 Beckoning Light to allow me to discard my entire hand and grab light monsters from my graveyard (Food for Herald since all lights in deck are fairies) and make a new hand out of them. However, running royal decree in this deck proves to be a pain in the Arm for plenty of people I face so if that's present on the field this may prove troublesome. On the contrary, I could dump a Beckoning Light and add in another Dark Factory of Mass Production. It's all up in the air for debate really.

So tell me, what do you think? I have yet to test it out and I'm probably going to go pass out after I'm finished typing this. What ideas or suggestions do you guys have for my next masterpiece?
Back to top Go down
Fluff Fluff

Fluff Fluff

Herald/Djinn Lockdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald/Djinn Lockdown   Herald/Djinn Lockdown EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:17 am

"if Konami wasn't such a FLYING CARPET..." What is this lol. Is this the forum's way of blocking out not so nice words? :c
Back to top Go down

Herald/Djinn Lockdown
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Celestial Dragon Duel Academy :: Decks :: Deck Disscusions-
Jump to: